What is the range for receiving the time calibration signal?
Click the following to get answer.
Why is the time as set by the time calibration signal slightly different from the time indicated by the time signal on the TV, radio, etc.?
After the watch receives the time calibration signal, it performs various calculations to determine the current time. These calculations can cause the time setting to be off by up to one second.
Why is the time as set by the time calibration signal one hour off?
This is because the watch is not making allowances for Daylight Saving Time (summertime). Change the watch’s DST setting* to “Auto DST”, and it will adjust the hour setting automatically. Note that you should turn off the DST setting if you are in an area where Daylight Saving Time (summer time) is not used.
* For models that do not have the “Auto DST” setting: DST setting can only be turned on/off manually.
Why is the time as set by the time calibration signal wrong?
Your Home City code setting is probably incorrect for your current location. Change your Home City code so it matches the time zone where you are currently located.
How is the accuracy of this watch?
Excellent. Since the watch automatically adjusts its time setting in accordance with a time calibration signal, you are always ensured of very accurate timekeeping.
Is there anything I can do to improve time calibration signal reception?
The following are guidelines for signal reception.
- Position the watch as shown in the following illustration, with its 12 o’clock side facing towards a window. Make sure there are no metal objects nearby.
- Proper signal reception can be difficult or even impossible under the conditions listed below.
- Inside or among buildings
- Inside a vehicle
- Near household appliances or office equipment, or a mobile phone
- Near a construction site, airport, or other sources of electrical noise
- Near hightension power lines
- Among or behind mountains
- Signal reception is normally better at night than during the day.
- Time calibration signal reception takes from two to five minutes, but in some cases it can take as long as 12 minutes. Take care that you do not perform any button operations or move the watch during this time.
Degree of Water Resistance of CASIO Quartz Watches
Please familiarize yourself with CASIO's case designations, so you can recommend the watch most suitable to a customer's needs
*Only watches marked with the words “DIVER’S WATCH 200M” can be worn while scuba diving (with air tanks).
**Even if a watch is water-resistant, do not operate its buttons or crown while it is submersed in water or wet. However, “DIVER’S WATCH 200M”casing models permit underwater button operation.
***After submersion in seawater, use plain water to rinse all salt and dirt from the watch.
****Even if a watch is water-resistant, avoid wearing it in the bath or in areas where detergents (soap, shampoo, etc.) are being used. Such conditions can reduce water resistance.